Required: Creative Video Editor (Full-time)
Nemorin Creative Film & Video Ltd is recruiting an Editor to support the production team in our office (lovely St.Katherine Docks, London, E1).
About Nemorin Creative: Nemorin Creative Film & Video is one of the UK’s fastest growing production agencies. Founded by Pete Fergusson, former Head of Commercial Video for The Telegraph we partner with agencies, publishers and brands globally.
Want to get involved and have fun as we grow? Love branded video content? Know how to craft brand stories? Creative? Hardworking? Positive can-do attitude? Nice? Great! Read on…
The Editor will be creating original high-quality branded films for online, with some broadcast and out of home content to boot. You’ll be working alongside globally recognised agencies, publishers and brands while aiming for award submissions for your amazing work. We’ll expect you to extract compelling stories from rushes and know how to insert emotion and pace into your films. If you love editing there’s plenty of scope and you’ll be encouraged to showcase creativity and new ideas.
We are looking for someone who is both technical and highly creative. An original thinker who is always looking to push boundaries to increase reach, engagement and conversion for our clients. This will be reflected in previous work and your kick-ass reels.
The ideal candidate will be a fully competent Adobe CC Premiere editor. A good understanding of After Effects, colour grading (within CC) and sound mixing (again within CC) is required. The Editor will work closely with the Nemorin Producers across a very wide range of exciting projects for a diverse client base in the UK & globally.
It’s a fun and fast-working environment, so you will be required to work quickly and efficiently, and occasionally jump in and out of projects at a moment’s notice. The ability to be adaptable with a positive attitude, manage complex video file structures and work fluidly is vital.
We’ll want the Editor to bring out the best from the footage and be open to working closely with Directors and our clients from pitch / concept development through to final delivery.
The role reports directly into the company owner, with day to day scheduling via our in-house Producers / Production co-ordinator / PM / AM.
We have weekly creative session with the entire team too. As you’ll love both filmmaking and editing techniques, we’ll invite you to play a part in suggesting creative solutions to new briefs and pitches too.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the production team in the office to edit videos for online, events, broadcast and more.
- Managing complex digital video workflows, implementing best practice to consistently deliver content to the highest possible quality.
- Working with freelance editors to ensure high quality is maintained for every production and files are set up in a coherent way.
- Working with our clients various stages (from hearing the brief first-hand, to understanding amends at rough cut)
- Jumping into other projects to make amends and alterations where necessary.
- Working alongside our in-house motion designer as and when there’s project crossover.
- Updating reels and generating pitch videos.
- Experimenting with new tech and editing techniques that our clients can benefit from.
Key requirements and skills include:
- A desire to be on our journey as we look to expand in the UK and globally.
- Self starter who is proactive and creative.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software, especially Premiere, but also After Effect, Media Encoder and other tools such as Audition.
- Experience and working knowledge of CC grading tools.
- Very good experience of and clear understanding of what branded video content is and how to build brand stories.
- Experienced and comfortable liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication.
- Innate understanding of brand and advertising communications.
- Clear understanding of current online video and wider market trends.
Please ensure you include a showreel or individual examples of your work to support your application.
Applications, reels etc to: Jobs@Nemorin.com
Salary: DoE Starts: ASAP / April 2017.